Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'd sing to you just one more time...

Yes, i know it's been nearly a year since i last updated this but that's the realise i've decided to do so...i didn't want to be that undedicated.

Since last April, a number of interesting things have happened, some quite memorable, though that is not necassarilly a good thing, and others leaving no lasting thoughts or feelings.

May and June and those awful exams came and went and i survived. I got my grades in August and was happy with them. History was by highest because i got As in all the modules, I also got an A in English and a B in Politics and RE, though that score was actually only 2 marks under the A grade, so i really should've got something remarked to try and claim the A but i didn't because of the unfair issues i had before with my GCSE English remark. I decided to abandon RE this year because it really wasn't that overly interesting a subject, though the philosophy would interest me now and again, ethics was just too boring to have to cope with. Mrs Irwin, need i say more? I applyed for psychology at Queens, Nottingham, Glasgow, Reading and Edinburgh, the latter rejecting me on very unfair grounds i 'll add... i've been to see all the ones that i got offers from and now i'm having a mental debate over either Glasgow or Nottingham.
Now these exams are looming ever closer and am kinda freaking out every so often when i realise i don't know as much as i'd like to know or don't understand something i.e. Russia or my English teacher is completely incapable of teaching us what we're meant to be taught in Chaucer and that's really pissing me off because i want to get an A but am not going to be able to do that if i dont' have the correct material to learn from but whatever, enough of school and exams, my life is overrun enough with the both of them as it is...

July of last year became a very interesting month indeed. It was then that i met a rather backstabbing, spawn of satan, lying cheating bastard "Italian model" that certainly made quite an impact on the months to come and if any guy ever says the phrase "I'm just out of a really long relationship and don't want to get into another right away but still want to spend time with you" again i will kick their ass from here to Tibuktu (which does actually exist somewhere in Africa, i decided to find out one day) quite happilly whether they're being sincere or not.
For the period of this month and most of August i was pretty happy. I thought i'd found what i was looking for, despite constant warnings from friend's to "be careful" and things i decided to be blind to myself. However in the end i was only kidding myself as became very clear once school started back and i had to deal with the backstabbing actions and the consequences from the wrath of a woman scorned...however i was the stupidest person that ever lived and it didn't end there and i got more weighed down with lies and deceit before i couldn't take it anymore. Now it's dust under the rug...or whatever the saying is...well until a particularly panicing run in in the House of Frazer but thankfully that's all it has been since December.

In September i was introduced to the Beach Club and had a few good nights there till i realised it was full of sleezy creeps and crap music. Tan Night as it's come to have been known was one of the best nights out ever where Laura attacked me with sun shimmer and turned me from my generally Wednesday Adams look into something more resembling Malibu Barbie's friend.

I think it was in October...or perhaps November that the Victoria Fashion Show was and i modelled for it. It was to raise money for our formal and actually ended up being a sucess despite many teachers trying to sabotage it. We got clothes from New Look, Oasis, A Wear, Posh Frocks and Villa. I got to wear a red coat that i loved from Villa. They gave us fully crazy hairstyles, with a lot of backcomping and hairspray, with crazy eye makeup to match.

November was the long awaited Victoria formal. It was such an anti climax and i hate to admit it...but it must be done...Methody's was better. We had a Titanic background for our photographs and when i got mine back the ship was actually sinking in it...bad photography. However the location was lovely, despite the length of time it took to get there. It was in Galgorm Manor in Ballymena. Emma P and i managed to get round to the back with Paddy and Ryan to get some photographs by the fountain and then were the envy of everyone else because of this. The afterformal was in Event Horizon, a gay bar...the toilets were mixed as well, which was interesting to say the least. It wasn't too bad a night really...though we all ended up very very drunk and sleeping in Paddy's car whilst clinging to each other for warmth...there was also an incident by the roadside involving some bushes....not as dirty as it may sound btw.

In December the Institute had their end of term concert and this time Tasha and i teamed up with Ciaran and played Teenage Kicks. It was in the Black Box. We had been practicing quite hard for it, like we had it all together and knew our parts but all the same, we were freaking out a little whilst waiting for our turn to get up. Once we got to the end of it and everyone clapped i felt so good, like i had really enjoyed it. I'm trying to remember that feeling for next time i have to get up and play because then i won't freak out as much and will actually look like i'm enjoying it on stage cause normally i don't get nervous over things like that. My sister recorded the song on my camera, so i stuck it on youtube. So go watch and comment because Tasha and I were hoping someone would slag it off so we would get a chance to defend ourselves. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttTxlC8FjmY

January and February are hardly worth mentioning, simply the usual mistakes I would make in life, wrong again etc. The first of March was my 18th birthday and it was great fun. Everyone came round and we had cocktails, champagne, some food and of course the nicest cake to have ever been made :) We then went to the Limelight which was also great fun and i think everyone had a good time, which was important to me, i didn't want my birthday being a failure. I ran into some people i knew from the past including David who bought me a rose :) it was very cute.
March was also Emma P's birthday and we went to Box, my first time. It was really good night, though i think i might have drank too much...i remember Emma C and i giving everyone a nice listen to "Tu as un animallll?"...which we also did the night we went out to Tim's 19th at Auntie Annies...oh dear...
On St Paddy's i had to undergo the school's cup this year, though i wouldv'e just ended up getting very pissed off if i was there anyway, because i went to Glasgow with Tasha. We had such a good time. We got the fight over earlyish in the day and then went shopping round the city...the bus driver from the airport asked us where we'd like to go and to this we went "uhhh.." then Tasha said "Where would you reccommend?" Quite funny. We then proceeded to spend the afternoon shopping and i lowerd the balance in my bank account by a nice amount. Our conversation involved a lot of things like "Ooo Tasha look there's that shop! Shall we go in??" "I think we shall!" "Ok then!"...The sign pointing into Prince's Square told us to come in and shop so we were like "Well if it says so!" After we realised enough money was spent, though to be fair to Tasha she was very good, i was not...there too many shops and i bought a fair amount, inc the most awesome shoes ever...we decided to head to our accomdation in Wolfson Halls. The University had given us a map so we were very proud of ourselves in getting the subway to the right place and then located the correct street. That was one bloody well long street...apparantly one of the longest in Scotland and we walked most of it! Though after this very very long walk we got to the halls and ordered some dominoes for dinner then i got horredously beaten by Tasha at pool, many times and i don't like to lose...I declared i would beat her sometime in the future. It will happen whether it takes me years or not. We saw the university the next day and i absolutely loved it! It was such a beautiful building set in the west end which was really nice area. I loved Glasgow a lot and it'd be amazing to go there. Last week my mum and i went to Nottingham. It didn't have quite the same effect on me as Glasgow did i'm still considering it.

Thus far nothing exciting has happened in April but it is only the 6th...i'm determined to find some sort of excitement that'll get me through May and June but as of the 2nd i'll be free!! This summer i'm going to Summer Maddness and 10 days later on the 4th July i'm heading to Argentina for about 3 weeks till the 25th. You better all miss me when i'm gone! I'm really excited about it but have currently done no fundraising and im supposed to have paid SAMS Ireland £700 already...oops...it's going to cost £1400 overall, so umm...shit?? Any help i can get will me muchly muchly appreciated, whether you can help me bagpack for an afternoon or just call in to chuck a bit of change my way :)

Anyway hopefully it won't be too long before i feel inspired to update this again or will actually finish posts once i start them.

Over and out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Quite amusing about Glasgow as Tamsin informed me... Your dad told you weren't allowed to shop!!!

Hehe.

It's nice to see somebody else use their blog for a change! I did warn you about the whole Khris thing although how the whole Sam thing turned was a bit of a bafflement to everyone...

As for the formal, I completely disagree. I had a great time :) but I wouldn't rank it above MCB's one. The Instonian totally beat them both out of the water.

Nigel's mum said that our formal photo is lovely and that I look really pretty... But I still haven't seen it!!! :(

10:36 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

And surely all our years at ol'd VCB merits a blog post???!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home